Medication Discussion Visit in Daytona Beach, Florida
A study conducted by the New England Journal of Medicine shows that approximately 8 out of 10 doctors approve the use of medical cannabis. This study includes 1,446 physicians from 72 different countries and 56 different states and provinces in North America. Additionally, a study published in the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health shows that approximately 92% of patients agree that medical cannabis provides relief for their symptoms of cancer, migraine headaches, and chronic pain.
Indeed, there has been countless research conducted about medical cannabis and a majority of them show that it is actually an effective treatment option. In fact, medical cannabis has shown promise in treating conditions such as:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). PTSD is a debilitating condition. Studies show that people with PTSD have lower levels of anandamide. Studies also show that people with PTSD don’t produce sufficient levels of endocannabinoids to fill their receptor sites. This is where medical cannabis can help, after all, anandamide is also a compound found in cannabis.
- Glaucoma. Did you know that medical cannabis has been used as a treatment option for glaucoma for nearly five decades now? In fact, many studies support the idea that cannabis can lower intraocular pressure – the main cause of glaucoma which can lead to blindness.
- Chron’s Disease. Chron’s disease is a chronic, inflammatory intestine disease (particularly the ileum and colon), associated with fistulae and ulcers. A recent study shows that 90% of people who took medical cannabis experienced an improvement in their symptoms, and 45% experienced a complete remission.
- Epilepsy. Some studies suggest that the active cannabinoids in cannabis have anti-epileptic effects and is beneficial for those who suffer from part or tonic-clonic seizures.
- Multiple Sclerosis. Research shows that smoking medical cannabis can ease muscle spasms in people who suffer from multiple sclerosis. It has also been shown to ease the symptoms of people with spinal cord injuries.
If you suffer from one of these conditions, medical cannabis may be able to provide the relief that you need.
If you are not sure whether or not medical cannabis is suitable for your condition, consult with Bernard Cannabis Center today. We are a trusted source of medical cannabis recommendations and medical cannabis evaluations in Florida.